November Blog

   

November: 4 hours of community service 

    The month of November flew by incredibly quickly! The weather has definitely gotten chillier. I was very excited to get some community service done during Thanksgiving break. On the Tuesday and Wednesday of Thanksgiving week, I volunteered with other members of my local mosque at Vineyard Church (the same church we teamed up with last month) to help with their Thanksgiving meal/produce drive. On Wednesday most of the preparation happened; we gathered the produce and prepared the meals we were going to hand out the next day. On Thursday, a majority of what I did was heavy lifting (similar to last time). I moved about 30 pallets of groceries from the 18-wheeler filled with groceries. Afterwards, I helped distribute meals to the families lined up in their cars. We practiced COVID-19 safety guidelines while doing so. My last experience volunteering with Vineyard Church was incredibly fulfilling in itself, but the experience this time around was just as heartwarming if not more-so. The holidays can be difficult times for countless people and with the craziness of this year this is more true than ever. I was really grateful to have the opportunity to brighten so many days this Thanksgiving. I'm really looking forward to next year's food drive. I plan on volunteering with them during the month of December for another food drive!

-Ashraf Farhoud

Total hours for the semester: 14 hours.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

October Blog

February Blog

September Blog